Monday, April 27, 2009

Pantry Organization!

A couple weekends ago Michael installed additional shelving on the side walls of our pantry so we could move things like Ziploc, Saran, and spices out of drawers and into more efficient locations. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but the motivation came partly from needing a drawer for baby things and mostly from when I heard that it took 10 minutes for our dog sitter to find a can opener when we were in Memphis. I don't have a before picture, but I had three drawers filled with Ziploc bags (I keep them in every size - don't like to waste by using a size bigger than needed!), Saran Wrap, aluminum foil, and spices. Now I have perfect shelving on the side walls of the pantry for all those things, two drawers filled with utensils (that used to be in containers under the cabinet) and one empty drawer! The empty drawer makes me happy because I know I will need it in about 6 months for baby things. And I have empty under the cabinet space too now where the utinsels used to be...that space is also slotted for baby things. Organization makes me happy...ahhh.

Oh, and I would remiss if I didn't say thank you to the hubby for the awesome installation job. Thanks Michael for my shelves! I love you (and them)!



No comments: