Monday, June 15, 2009

Unexpected Pregnancy Symptom #1 – Predicting The Weather

I can predict the weather – who knew? Last week we had some severe thunderstorms while I was at work. The temperature dropped 10 degrees in about 45 minutes, the barometric pressure changed significantly, and I developed a severe sinus pressure headache as the storm started to roll in.

At first, I didn’t make the connection and I was just confused as to why I had such a bad headache all the sudden. I had some headaches during my first trimester, but those were long gone. Then I noticed the temperature change (Weather Channel desktop is very handy!) and started researching the connection between thunderstorms and headaches due to pressure changes. So I took a Sudafed (yes, it’s on the approved list of meds!) and the headache started to wane as the Sudafed kicked in and the storms rolled out.

Fast forward to today…sometime this morning, my head starts hurting again. Definitely sinus pressure because my forehead feels like it’s going to cave in. I’ve always tried to use medication as a last resort and even more so since I’ve been pregnant, but I was just reaching for the Tylenol in my desk drawer when I heard the thunder crash noise that comes from The Weather Channel Desktop when there is an approaching storm. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect until 6pm tonight.

Next time you want to know if we will be getting storms, just ask me and I’ll tell you how my head feels.

1 comment:

Shane, Natalie, Madelyn & Murphy said...

Too Strange~! I don't think I had anything like that! Ha! it is a little funny though. Not only are you pregnant but you've also turned into a Meteorologist!..I bet you're more accurate too!