Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby Update - 16 Weeks

It's official! I have a baby bump! I figured I could officially call it a baby bump when I could no longer suck it all in and when it's still there when I wake up in the mornings. Well, that time has come. That little bump is definitely a lot bigger at night or after I've eaten large meals so I meant to take the 16 week picture in the morning for a better comparison, but it didn't happen. Oh, well. So everything is still progressing normally. Haven't seen a whole lot of changes between 1st and 2nd trimester except not always having that queasy feeling. Not sure where that "boundless energy" is that everyone keeps saying I'll have in my 2nd trimester...I wish it would come though! Granted, I'm not falling asleep at 8:30 every night anymore.

No real aches and pains yet. I definitely don't sleep like the rock I used to, but I can't complain. I'm sure sleep will be much more disrupted later. I'm still wearing my own clothes right now (the larger sizes of course), but it won't be long before they will pretty much all get folded and put away for the summer. I tried wearing a pair of maternity jeans the other day (just the kind with the elastic on the sides, not a band in the front) and they were a little too big in the waist. Of course, the butt and hips weren't that loose, but I've dealt with that since the 6th grade! Hopefully those hips will bless me with faster labor in about 5 months!

Our ultrasound and next appt are scheduled for June 2. If he/she cooperates, we should find out the gender at that point. Don't forget to vote in my poll on the right! It's looking like a tight race right now...Boy is only ahead by one vote!

This weekend we are headed to NC for LeeAnn's baby shower and I'm so excited! She has less than 4 weeks until Baby Taylor is scheduled to arrive. I will be making a lot of trips to NC in the next couple months...this shower, once Baby Taylor arrives in early June, then again for camp in mid June, then hopefully again later in the summer for another visit with Baby Taylor and probably a family baby shower for Baby Payne!

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Yay! SO excited. Cute baby bump, and the baby brain only gets worse...Can't wait to see you this weekend!