Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring is (almost) here!

It's so close - I can feel it, smell it, and see it...spring is almost here! Oh I know, it was officially spring sometime last week, but until it's consistently beautiful (and/or raining) outside, it's not really spring. This picture makes me think spring though. Our beautiful Keely sitting in the very tall grass with Michael in the background mowing the yard for the first time this year.
Spring makes me happy. Multi-colored Peeps and Robin Eggs Whoppers show up in stores along with multi-colored grass and Peanut Butter Reese's Eggs. (yeah, Michael and I just walked through a grocery store and I wanted to buy all of those yummy goodies...except maybe the Peeps - do people really eat those or do they just look cute?)

Everyone just seems to have a better attitude when it's beautiful outside. People smile and actually look at each other. The warmth of the sun makes me happy inside. The flowers make me smile. I feel like God outdoes himself in the spring. There is new life everywhere. So excited about spring...and about being pregnant in spring. What an appropriate time to be working on my own little new life!

1 comment:

Bonnie Jo said...

I am the person who eats the Peeps. By the box. I've eaten at least 4 boxes worth this spring. :) LOVE THEM