Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Update - 9 Weeks

So I'm going to try and do a baby update each week...we'll see how that goes. I don't have any belly pictures yet b/c there's not much of a belly yet. It's hard to tell what's baby belly and what's just bloating from all the havoc baby wreaks on my digestion. Everyone's been asking me how I've felt so here's the basics:

Weeks 6 and 7 were pretty queasy. No actual throwing up (so it could have been much worse), but fairly queasy all the time. Usually if I kept something in my stomach I was okay, but that didn't always work. Oh, and I was tired ALL THE TIME. I couldn't seem to get enough sleep. The Friday of Week 7 I fell asleep at my desk for 20 minutes (oops!)...thankfully, there were only 2 other people in the office and I don't think they noticed! If they did, they were nice enough to let me sleep. :)

The greatest story so far though has been from that same Friday. We had a meeting at work from 11-12. I normally eat before noon, so right before the meeting I ate a Fiber One bar to hold me over until lunch. It wasn't enough. I was so hungry by 11:30 that by the time the meeting was over my only thought was getting food in my stomach. So off I went to McDonald's (haven't eaten there in almost a year probably) and ordered myself some chicken nuggets. 12 to be exact. I ate them all. And was still hungry. So then I ate a McChicken Sandwich (which is basically just chicken and lettuce). And then I ate 3 Tums. And then my tummy hurt for the rest of the night...no more McDonald's.

Week 8 though hasn't been as rough on the tummy. I can survive on juice until I can make myself breakfast. Unless Michael is home - he makes way better breakfast than me. My favorite is a whole wheat english muffin sandwich with an egg and cheddar cheese. I have still been having a lot of headaches but I think they might be sinus related...it's that time of year.

Today is the start of week 9...we'll see if Baby Payne has anything different in store for us this week!

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Yea for baby updates! :) Glad to hear your tummy is cooperating a little better so far this week. Glad you are chronicaling your weeks...there is so much I forgot to write down at the beginning, so I don't remember it all. Although I do remember my own Fiber One story, and it didn't go very well either...let's just say I haven't had the desire for a Fiber One bar since then! I did give in to my chocolate chip cookie dough temptation last night...yea for Nestle! Love you bunches!!

Debra said...

Congratulations to you and Michael, LeeAnn and Chuck and the new grandparents!

Love Debby S

godbey said...

I can sooo identify with your McDonald's story!
When I was pregnant with LeeAnn McDonald's introduced their new McNuggets! After working all day we went to McDonald's, bought McNuggets and got into the truck to head to Mocksville to share the news about our expected addition to the family. The road out of Elizabeth City is narrow with lots of bumps, and we were in a small Datsun truck! The McNuggets the rollercoaster ride and my stomach did not agree! We were pulling over on that narrow road!
It's great to see your posts on here. Can't wait for pictures!
love you lots!
Praying for Baby Payne!
M:)M

Deborah said...

Congratulations on the baby. I started my blog when I moved back to Tennessee to keep in touch with my Alabama friends...now I'm addicted. In fact, as events happen, my mind is thinking...how could I blog about that! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and come back often.