Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stardust Drive-In Theater

October 23, 2009: We took Brecken to his first movie at the drive-in theater when he was two and a half weeks old. It was a good way for us to get out of the house without exposing him to lots of people. We saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and Where the Wild Things Are. Unfortunately, I was so tired, that I fell asleep during part of the second movie and I'm fairly sure Michael fell asleep during part of the first movie! Brecken, of course, slept through most of both movies!

We love the drive-in because it's fun, cheap, casual, and outdoors! All qualities that are very much our style. We always go to the Stardust in Watertown, though I hear there is one in Dickson, also. I wish they were just a little bit closer, though. It takes at least 45 minutes to get there, so it ends up being a very late night if we stay for both movies. We were both fighting to stay awake on the way home...I couldn't keep my eyes open for long, but thankfully Michael (and God) got us home safely even though he was exhausted, too.

I'm sure we will make a couple more trips out to the Stardust this summer and as Brecken gets older. It's great for kids and I don't have to worry about him disturbing other people (which is what happened when we tried to go see The Blind Side in theaters...bad idea...I stood by the back door the whole movie and missed the last 30 minutes because B had gas and was fussy...poor guy). We'll see you again in 2010, Stardust Drive-In!



No comments: